Saturday, May 19, 2007
What???? A $166 Super 8?
Tonight I am blogging from the beautiful campus of Liberty University. I am so excited to be here (even though we will have logged 1,000 miles in about 48 hours)! We arrived this afternoon just in time to attend Dr. Jerry Falwell's viewing in the stately DeMoss Center. It was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen, and had to be similar to viewing a deceased U.S. President. The police presence was heavy, of course, and the beauty and formality was unmatched. As we filed past his body, I was in awe of the moment. We stayed around to watch as the casket was escorted from the building down many steps and into the hearse. Following a wonderful dinner at Ruby Tuesday's, Mom, Dad, Greg and I went to the Baccalaureate in the new Thomas Road Baptist Church sanctuary. Incredible. Dr. Jerry Vines presented one of the most fantastic messages I have ever heard. We watched as a group of soldiers were commissioned, and their music was second to none. There was much emotion due to Dr. Falwell's death, but the service was a great blend of memory and blessing. We had planned to head over to Roanoke to find a hotel, but thought we would take our chances of someone cancelling out around the college. We were fortunate, I guess, and ended up taking the last room at Super 8 right across from the college. I'd say we were gouged at $166 for one night, but since we have to be in our seats for graduation by 8:45 a.m., location is everything. So, for the 2nd night in a row, Greg and I are sharing a room with Mom and Dad...hmmm. I have tons of pics for all interested, which I will try to post soon. Posting pics has been difficult for me lately, not sure why, but I know they are really what ya'll want! So long for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So neat that you got to go that viewing...glad you got the close hotel, =) but sorry you had to pay sooo much. =( I'm a little confused as to who's graduation it was....I'm thinking it was YOURS...am I right? I've been supper busy here recently, so have not been able to keep up with blogs like normal. =)
Love y'all,
Heather =)
Hey Heather! I'm with you on the "busy" part! The graduation was for a co-worker of mine (our elementary teacher). She received her M.A. in Ed. and we are very proud of her!
Post a Comment