A treasure from my little phonetically-trained kindergartner, Evan
A popular pose for Kaitlynn during revival. Why can't she do this at our church?
Evan enjoying his "airplane bath"
Yes, I guess I was playing with my phone in church...Here's Bro. Mark Cravens giving another excellent message.
Kaitlynn joins some of the S.S. kids in singing at Harrisburg
Beautiful stained glass in the sanctuary
More beautiful stained glassNo, I didn't fall off of the face of the planet after announcing my pregnancy, it just seems like it. Busyness has overtaken me, and when it comes to bathing my children or blogging, bathing seems to take priority. Not to mention the fact that I now seem to fall into bed before anyone else in the house, making my moments of peace and quiet virtually nonexistent! As previously mentioned (why do I always sound as though I'm writing a term paper?!), Greg and I were privileged to be a part of the spring revival at the Harrisburg PHC last Thursday through Sunday. We had to drive over and back on Thursday due to work schedules, so we left the kids with Mom and Dad. We headed back over on Friday afternoon to spend the weekend. Services went very well, and the people of that church are fantastic. They have a gorgeous 120-year-old facility that is loaded with stained glass, killer oak woodwork, and a digital baby grand piano (much fun for me!). My parents came over on Friday night for service since we were all staying in a hotel in Circleville that night to attend my Aunt Carol Brown's college graduation at Ohio Christian University the following morning. Graduation went really well, and I am very proud of my aunt who helped to put all three of her children through college (two accountants and a nurse), and her husband through, I believe, 3 degrees (one undergrad., at least one grad., and a doctoral program), and then went back to get her B.A. I won't mention her age, but her oldest child is in his 40's! I think it took great courage and ambition for her to achieve this milestone, and I'm happy for her. It is rumored that she may go on to nursing school?! All I can say is - go for it, girl! Saturday night it was back to the church for another service, then back to the hotel for an all-too-short night's sleep. I forgot to mention that Ryan broke out with chicken pox just as we were getting ready to begin Saturday's service. Fortunately, my parents were on their way through and hadn't left the Columbus area yet. They swung by to pick him up, and took him on home. On Sunday morning, Evan wanted to take a bath in the jacuzzi. We let him and wanted Kaitlynn to get in, but she was scared of the noise. Later that afternoon, we were entertained in a home where the family had just installed a jacuzzi in their master bath. Kaitlynn walked in and said, "It's an airplane bath!" Looking puzzled and remembering her fear that morning I said, "Yes, it is very loud isn't it, Kaitlynn." Evan replied, "Yeah, it has jets!" Feeling that my 3-year-old had just caused me a blond moment, I cracked up. You never know what little minds associate, and it is just too funny! The afternoon was enjoyable, complete with fried chicken, all the trimmings, and a visit with Mark Cravens (no, Greg did not preach, Mark did!) and the Welsh family, who kept us laughing all afternoon. Evan ended up breaking out mildly that day, so fortunately we were able to head home that night after the service. I have more news from the week to post, so stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment