Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Fishing days...

Waiting on those fish to bite...

Finally!
Kaitlynn gets a little more brave
Success for Evan!

Awwww!

Ryan, the more patient child...

Daddy doing what daddies do on fishing trips!


Evan waiting not so patiently

Ryan baits his hook...again
Daddy's girl


























We took the kids fishing one evening a couple of weeks ago. I took one of my textbooks, and figured I'd be continually interrupted by, "Look, I caught one!" Not so. Evan, our easily frustrated child, was annoyed within minutes of his unsuccesful attempt and ready to go home. An hour and a half (and no fish) later, I climbed into the van to continue my reading away from the chilly air and bugs. Within five minutes I heard a yell, "I got a bite!" One after another, they started reeling in the fish. By this time, it was almost dark, and then the easily frustrated child was very mad because we had to pack up and go home...can't win for losin'!

9 comments:

Jana said...

Fishing trips are so fun!! We went last night. Glad your kids had a great time!! :-)

Constance said...

Looks like it was a blast. It made me remember when I went fishing as a child. My dad always had to bait my hook.

Teresa said...

I haven't been fishing in years. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Tamra said...

That's my idea of fishing...sitting on the bank and WATCHING! :)

Nancy said...

How fun! Chris took Michael camping and fishing a couple weeks ago, but they caught nothing! I felt so bad for Michael with his brand new "Little Tykes" pole! lol! I wished he could have caught even a little ione. BTW, LOVE your van!

Angie D said...

Did you eat 'em?

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Looks like you had a great time! What cute little kiddos!

Greg & Stephanie said...

Angie,
No way...no how! Actually, the little place where we went doesn't even require a license, just a free permit, because the water may be a little, let's say, tainted. :)
Greg is hoping to take them somewhere else fairly soon, and I'm dreading the moment they walk in the door with fish they expect me to fry! That's when I'll call my grandma...she'd do a great job!

Carrie said...

That looks like so much fun! We love to fish ("we" as in Brennan and I, Jared and Robert are too impatient). You've put me in the mood!

You know, I have a hard time eating fish I've caught. It's not that I feel attached or anything, it's just, I don't know, I have a hard time.