Wednesday, September 3, 2008
First Day of School!!!
Needless to say, there were two little boys who couldn't make themselves get to sleep the night of August 26th! Evan began 2nd grade this year, and Ryan started 4th. I cannot believe how quickly time is flying! Next year my little girl will be in Kindergarten! As these days approach, I am fearful for my kids, knowing that the more independent they become, the more ready they must be to face the challenges life brings. I am so thankful for the opportunity of Christian education! Not only are they being saturated in God's Word and Christian principles at home and in church, but they are able to spend 30+ hours a week in an environment that is tailored to stimulate spiritual growth, morality, and Christian values. I realize that not everyone or everything at a Christian school is Christian. The Christian life and walk is a personal choice and individual decision, and not all who attend are willing to make that commitment. The beauty of Christian education lies in the fact that a two-fold purpose is being fulfilled: protection and preparation. Yes, we are shielding our children from the raw element of the world during their most formative years (we make no apologies for that), and we intend to arm them with the knowlege and principles they need to not only succeed in life, but to make a difference in their world. Ryan and Evan have an incredible teacher, Mrs. Marea Pouzar. I trust her with their lives (that is how we should be able to feel about the person who spends probably 130+ hours a month with our children), and am confident that she is not only an excellent academic instructor, but a Godly influence that will help to shape who they ultimately become.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, these kiddos are growing up WAY too quickly...
Post a Comment