For those who know my sister, Valerie, here is an update on her pregnancy status:
She was at the hospital by 8 this a.m. (Cayman time), 9 a.m. our time. My mom called me as she and dad were leaving for the hospital around 10:30 our time (they were catching a ride with the pastor who is serving as chaplain this week). The hospital itself is quite different than what we are used to here, mom found last night as they were touring it. No amenities whatsoever (not even a radio or tv & you have to bring everything that the baby will need - down to the soap and lotion, blankets, everything.). Once the baby arrives, though, she will be the amenity! I have no idea whether labor began on its own, or whether induction was as scheduled, but Miss Profitt should arrive today, on her due date! Yeah! I won't be posting an announcement of her birth unless I get the all clear from Valerie. I have no idea what their computer access is like, so keep checking their blog. If I get the all clear, I'll post as soon as I know.
4 comments:
Glad that your folks are down there. I am sure that Val appreciates it very much. If I had the money I would send you down there to be with her during this time.
Have a good day
Thanks for the update. I will keep checking theirs and yours.
Thanks, Verla, but $ wouldn't be the issue for just me to fly...the issue is that I won't get on a plane. If someone were dying or really needed me, I suppose I could take meds and get on one, but I am terrified of the thought. Hence, I will only see Cayman in pictures! :)
Stephanie...Here come the tears!Ha It is so exciting to have another coming along. Keep us posted...also can't wait to see you guys this weekend! Love,Aunt Sarah
Post a Comment