Saturday, November 8, 2008
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!
Last week was a busy one. We had planned a bake sale to run during the day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, in addition to the normal week of school. As always, I was nervous that there wouldn't be enough baked goods, so after spending Monday evening catching up on housework from the previous weekend, Tuesday evening freaking out about election returns, it was time to begin baking on Wednesday after school. That consumed Wednesday, except for the time spent at church in the evening. Thursday we opened the bake sale, and after school went right home and began...you guessed it...baking until bedtime. Greg had to work with Good News Club that evening, so I worked while trying to contain the 3 youngest of our 4 offspring. Friday we ran the sale again, and I decided that no matter what we had left for Saturday's sale, I was not going to spend all Friday night baking! I was tired and my house was a wreck from four days of neglect! Around 7 o'clock Friday evening, mom and dad called and said they wanted to take us out for dinner. We could hardly decide where we wanted to eat because in all reality we would rather have gone to bed and gotten some much needed rest! Finally they told us to meet them at Bob Evans, so we did. When I opened the door to the restaurant, mom and dad were right there, and mom had a little girl in her arms. She seemed vaguely familiar, but I had no clue who she was. After a minute, I spotted Valerie and Adam at the back of the lobby! They certainly surprised me! Earlier in the month I wondered if they may try to come up on their break from school, but with Mr. Profitt's cancer surgery and Valerie's health issue, I figured it was all but impossible. Wow. Suddenly I wasn't so tired anymore, and even managed to stay up until 2:30 Saturday morning catching up with my sis and bonding with my new little niece, Aubrey Nicole. Enjoy the pics.






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a little doll!
LOVE it. There's nothing like a good surprise!
I know what you mean, Steph. I hate it that I live so far away from my nieces. Thankfully, they seem to remember when I see them though, so it isn't like I am a complete stranger to them. Have fun!
Post a Comment