My blogging has been infrequent to say the least, but much of my recent "downtime" has been spent tied to Fox News! We are all concerned about the outcome of today's election, and I hope you are exercising your patriotic and Christian duty, which is to vote for the person who best represents Biblical principles. For those who think that it doesn't really matter who wins, think again. If Senator Obama is elected president, our way of life will change and experience a very negative impact. For those of us who work, invest in a 401K, own a home, buy gas, have children, etc., an Obama victory would mean more of our income going to government programs that are in direct violation of God's Word (abortion on demand without restriction being one of a long list), and a complete breakdown of the Constitution as it was originally intended. If Reed and Pelosi aren't scary enough, add Obama and you'll have a combination that would mean certain destruction to our Supreme Court nominations.
Of course, if you are a leech to the goverment, never taking responsibility for yourself or furthering the American Dream in your own life, Obama is your man. You can probably bank on being able to hang out on the porch for the next four years and receive a check in your mailbox on a regular basis. As for today's outcome: I have listened to probably hundreds of pollsters, politicians, and media types over the last couple of months. As of last night, this thing is definitely a dead heat. It all depends on undecided voters. Internal polls conducted by the campaigns themselves are telling a slightly different story than the mainstream media outlets. I will be very interested to see what happens, and after we take our kids to the polls with us to cast our votes, I will be prepared to spend a looonnnggg evening baking items for the school's bake sale and listening to election returns. Whatever happens, we know God is in control.
A little update on our "almost 1-year-old" baby, Allison Brooke. She is ten days from being 1, and she cut her first tooth yesterday! Last weekend we purchased her "big girl" car seat, and she absolutely loves being able to sit up and look out the windows. I purchased a fairly large quantity of formula a few weeks back, so I am finished with that! She started crawling about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and is about ready to walk. I know this is all rather late according to the "charts", but she's my baby and I don't mind a bit! One thing that cracks me up about Alli is that since about 6 or 7 months she has tried to imitate words. When she doesn't feel intimidated or shy, she will copy about anything anybody says. Scary, but cute! The other day Greg was a little "stressed", it was about bedtime, and he had heard enough questions from the boys for the day. They were in bed hollering, "Hey, dad..." about every 30 seconds. He said to me, mocking them, "I'm SO tired of hearing, 'Hey, dad! Hey, dad! Hey, dad!'" Alli, who was sitting on Greg's lap said, "A dad!" It was so cute, and perfectly timed. Kind of melted away some of his stress! She will often say "Thank you" if she is handed something, knows how to remove her high chair tray and sippy cup lid :(, and loves to take a "bash"! She is a chatterbox, and we are enjoying her immensely!
Sorry I don't have any pics ready to post. I'll try to get to them after my election jitters have faded away!
Now go vote!
2 comments:
I'm afrid Illinois will be blue as expected... Us reds are counting on you Ohio!!! :-)
We voted this morning as a family, and now we're in the prayer mode again! I can't wait to see Allison at Grandma's!
Post a Comment