Kaitlynn, the clown...
Evan, the Ninja Turtle...
Ryan, the scary skeleton...
Cowboy Noah...
Indian Aaron...
Getting some candy from the village police chief...
Not sure which display was meant to be scary!
Piatt Castle - Mac-O-Chee
Our last field trip in October was to Piatt Castles, where we toured the Mac-O-Chee castle. Last year, while I was on maternity leave, the kids toured Mac-O-Cheek. Although I missed that one, I was very facinated with the second castle. The ornate beauty and history was an experience in itself, but I was more intrigued by the people who lived there. Donn Piatt, while a democrat, was described as a modern day Rush Limbaugh. He was a writer, and an avid political figure. One of the funny stories described his experience as a student at Xavier University (formerly Xavier College, I believe). He attended for two years until he was expelled for throwing his math teacher out the window - literally. Passionate fellow, to say the least!
Some of Donn Piatt's wisdom...
Kaitlynn loves to cook and arrange. A couple of days after trick-or-treating, I found the remainder of her candy opened and displayed like this. She was determined we were going to have it for dessert that evening...I think most of us graciously declined!
Lovin' her "big girl" seat a couple of weeks early...
I did this...
...while she did this!
4 comments:
Great Post! The pics are neat!
I'm impressed with all the baking you did. I was scrolling down after reading the '...while she did this!' expecting a picture of a big mess you found your kids in the middle of! :) I was pleasantly surprised to find instead your adorable daughter playing with a pot and spoon.
I loved the costumes and Allison is getting prettier by the day.
I'll be right over for some of your baking...Allison is soooo cute. I'm anxious to be with all the kids at Thanksgiving. They are growing up so quickly!
Post a Comment