Monday, January 26, 2009

GVB Reunion...


If any of you are wondering whether the GVB Reunion dvd/cd is worth your $, let me assure you, it is! I think it is available tomorrow, January 27th. We watched Volume 1 (the first half of the recording) at Gaither Studios on Saturday, and it wasn't exactly what I expected...I guess because many of the guys' voices had aged a lot, and they didn't blend as well as I figured they would. Being able to watch 15 former and current members mingle together, singing and having a good time, was really neat. We had purchased Volume 1 before the preview (not knowing which one they would show), but asked to exchange it for II, and watched it tonight...powerful, powerful stuff! The only thing is, you may want to watch Vol. I first because it may be disappointing to watch it after Vol. II. Let me know what you think!

9 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Jonathan is dying to get these! We're going to have to order these though because our local Christian bookstore was flooded this summer and has very low inventory now! We'll let you know what we think once we get them!
Jonathan LOVES Micheal English!

Verla said...

I doubt that vocal group can compare to our church's quartet. You all do such a good job and I really like to hear you sing. Most of all it is not for show but doing it for God.
I wish that I had the money to sponsor you all to get a CD made when Val and Adam come home.
Have a good day

Greg & Stephanie said...

Karen - I was a huge fan of English before his backsliding...obviously I didn't keep up with him during the "out" years, but he suffered tremendously, and admits that he should have been dead because of the depth of the sins that he committed. It definitely is a story of grace and mercy...I would like to read his book some time. He tells it like it is...doesn't gloss over or make excuses. In Vol. II there is a time (singing I'm Free) that was precious. Order quickly! If you get it from GFR, you may get a cd free. That was their special last I checked!
Verla - thanks for the kind words!

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

I wanna see, I wanna see.

sankey family said...

We have ordered these and will pick them up on our next border trip out on Feb. 6 - we can't wait to see them!

Leah said...

I had forgotten how much I loved the old "stuff", especially with Larnelle and John Mohr.. Wow!!!

I was surprised my dad picked up the first volume at his local Wal-mart.

Anonymous said...

I got both of them the day they were released....and even took my laptop with me so I could watch them while Leah was shopping!! LOL

I enjoyed them both! My faves are He Touched Me, I'm Free, as well as the Steve Green/Jon Mohr stuff.

Classic stuff!

sharon said...

I am like valerie... i wanna see so now i am soooo curious I want to go to alexandria and get my copy you wanna go shopping with me and leave your chillans with greg and I will connie and away we go to shop til we drop at the anderson, alexandria, and any other places.. we will also check out all catos that might still be in business... you know the more I write the more I think that it would be fun to do this because we really dont hang out :(

A Peek Into My Life said...

Thanks for the referral. ;) I bought Leighton Volume II....and we ♥ it! Very inspiring! (Buddy Mullins & Michael English are my faves!)