Well, it is 2009. Unbelievable. I think most of us feel like it was yesterday that we were sitting around waiting for the power to go out at 12:01 a.m. on January 1, 2000! Almost a decade has passed. For me it is yet another reminder of the brevity of life. 2008 was probably the most contented year I've ever had. Our parents are still with us, our children are happy and healthy, and we live a life of relative ease. One of my favorite songs goes something like this, "These are the days, the sweetest days we'll know..." It's so true, and I cherish every moment. With my oldest child being halfway to 18, and the next one only 14 months behind, I know my time as a constant part of their lives is limited. As a parent, it is important that I get it right. There are no second chances when it comes to raising children. I have to know in my heart that I've done my best. I have no idea why I'm writing all of this...it's not really the point of the post, but at 2:05 a.m., it's on my mind.
I wish all of you a very happy New Year! Although we have no idea what 2009 will bring, we have the knowledge that we are in the shelter of the Almighty who knows the joys and sorrows we must face. Please take a minute to let me know your thoughts this New Year's Day! :)
1 comment:
God is good, you are blessed to have such a beautiful family!
Post a Comment