Sunday, February 4, 2007

Mics. Pics

One of the fun things about being two is that you're not embarrassed if someone catches you making faces at yourself in the mirror!
Last Sunday was the 30th anniversary of my family's journey as pastor of the Lima Pilgrim Holiness Church. I, of course, was not there because I, of course, was still sick. :( Pictured are: Lynette (Patterson) Spencer, U.B. Crites, Esther (Zeits) Bailey, and my parents, Rev. and Mrs. Don and Ruth (Yount) Nichols. These three pictured with my parents were part of the congregation when we came to town. Esther Bailey babysat me a couple hours a day while my mom was in nursing school. I was four, and she taught me phonics during those sessions of babysitting. My dad was quite surprised when I started sounding out words before kindergarten! Thanks, Sis. Bailey, for your investment in my life.
I feel very privileged to have been a PK who didn't have to move around every few years. The stability my parents and this church gave me is a gift I will treasure forever. Mom and Dad taught me not to "cut and run" whenever things became tough. That was a valuable lesson!

2 comments:

My Life in Pictures said...

Stephanie! I am trying to figure this stupid website out! I need help. Any advice. I can't figure out how to look up peoples blogs when I am signed in. I am not sure how I got to yours this time!
I loved seeing everyone's pics! Talk to you later, Holly

Greg & Stephanie said...

Holly,
Hey girl! It's great to hear from you (more than just our IHC or GBS run-ins!). I'm not totally sure how to navigate this thing either. I just link up from site to site. If I learn anything, I'll let you know. Good luck in your job hunt this summer! I'm sure God has something special for you, cause you're a great girl!
Stephanie