Tuesday, February 20, 2007

More Wedding Pics...

Olivia ready to head back to Tennessee

Cousin Joseph with a camera-ready smile

Olivia and half of Meg and Kaitlynn (photo courtesy of Ryan)

Cousin Craig Brown and the groom's sister

Cousin Jodelle Yount

There's Becca with that adorable smile again!

Greg sharing a moment with Aunt Sarah

I tried to get a cute picture of my kids, but as usual, they were acting like aliens...they were too busy mixing red hots into their pink lemonaide. "But it's good, Mom!" Yeah, right! :)

Uncle John, Aunt Jean, and Jeffrey Yount

My very awesome parents

Aunt Andrea and Krystal Yount (who is due with twins in July)

It was too dark for me to get a picture of Uncle Joe and Aunt Carol. I tried, but this is the best I could do. See if you can spot them! :)

Valerie and Mandy Yount

Jennifer, Devin, and Logan Driggers. Baby Landon was in his carrier on the floor being a little angel. He has certainly recovered well from his premature birth! God is good!

Savannah Yount (daughter of Daryl and Mandy)

Aaron and Sarah Ann cutting the cake

My dear uncle, James Yount. That's all I'm gonna say!

Jonathon Brown and Valerie Profitt

Rev. and Mrs. D. Eric Nichols (now doesn't that sound professional?) And just for the record, this boy can preach!!

Parker Brown (son of Craig and Alisa)

The happy couple, Mr. and Mrs. Aaron Kennedy - wow, Sarah Ann, it seems that you should still be a little girl, running around and screeching with Valerie, Janelle, and Jodelle!

Not to change the subject too drastically, but I wanted to put out a word to anyone who has not yet seen Facing the Giants. Be advised that this girl does not buy movies off the shelf at WalMart, simply because there isn't hardly one of them that would pass the litmus test for a Godly household. I'm not being judgemental, but if we are living according to Scripture, far too many young Christian families are allowing things into their homes that do not pass the 'whatsoever things are just...pure...lovely' mandate. If you don't believe me, just check out the lists of "favorite movies" on many blogs, and My Space and Bebo pages. Anyway, I wasn't called to preach, so I'll continue. :) I had a pretty reliable recommendation for Facing the Giants, and knowing Greg's love of football, bought it for him as a Valentine's gift. We started watching it in the hotel on our portable dvd player this past Friday night at about midnight. I was exhausted, and told Greg I probably wouldn't stay up for it, as we had the wedding the next day. Well, by 2 a.m. I was in tears and ready to run the aisle of our suite. Well, maybe not run the aisle, but this was the most awesome thing I have seen in awhile. What struck me was not the acting or the set, etc., but the message that came through loud and clear. If you see it, leave a comment to let me know your thoughts. I am interested in other opinions.










2 comments:

Martha C said...

I totally agree with you about the whole movie thing, Preacher Stephanie! :-) I was just at a place where some folks put in a movie but had to fast fwd past the "bad scenes." I told Troy that if one needs to do that, why even put it in the player?! Ergh! Some people do not think things through! I haven't seen the mentioned movie, or I would have an opinion. :-)

Char said...

Our family has seen the movie. It was very moving, had humour, didn't move too slow, etc. We all enjoyed it. What amazed me was how it touched my oldest boy. We had a great discussion afterwards of how God blesses our faithfulness to Him when He is first in our lives whether life is good OR bad. He and I thought it maybe should have ended differently (won't give away the ending here) but they did have a valid reason for ending as they did...it's a movie after all!