Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Wedding Bells!

Aaron singing to Sarah Ann
Jeffrey having a heart to heart chat with Becca about the cheesiness of her smile. :)
Kevin Yount, Becca Yount, and Kaitlynn enjoying pre-wedding fellowship

Saturday, February 17th, we had the privilege of attending the wedding of my cousin Sarah Ann Brown to Aaron Todd Kennedy. The wedding was beautiful, and it was so much fun to be with all of the family again. The majority of the Yount cousins were in attendance, with the exception of those who are close to delivering babies, just had delivered babies, or live across the ocean! All six Yount siblings were there, and it was great to visit with them. It is pretty amazing to me that these siblings always take the time and travel the miles to be at these special events! Greg and I have benefitted from their example, and try to do the same.

Some special highlights of the wedding were:
*Becca Yount (Jeff and Krystal's 2-year-old) not wanting to walk down the aisle.
Valerie ended up going down the aisle to get her, and carrying her to the platform. She then proceeded to delicately drop her rose petals on the platform steps!
*Aaron singing to Sarah after her dad gave her away. He did a great job!
*Uncle Joe doing an incredible job with the ceremony. The message was clear: these vows are for life!
*Jonathon Brown tearing it up on The Prayer!! I have to say, Jon, I know you have a great voice, but I've never heard anyone do justice to that song at a wedding! I usually get cold chills when I see it in the bulletin because it always gets butchered! Anyway, you were awesome, and your partner in duet was fantastic, as well. I don't remember her name, but she is from Ohio Christian University (Circleville Bible College).
*The string quartet (also from OCU) was really great. They were doing a little tuning up beforehand, and Ryan turned to me and said, "Mom, they're terrible!" I explained that they were still tuning and would sound better in a minute or two. Kids are so honest and sincere!

So, congratulations Sarah Ann and Aaron! We wish you the best. You had a beautiful, snowy wedding day, and it sounds like you had a great start to your honeymoon! Just a piece of advice to all honeymoon planners: If there is a chance of snow in Gatlinburg, do not plan on getting to your mountaintop cabin, unless like Sarah and Aaron, you want to hike the last half of the way!

1 comment:

Martha C said...

I love Ryan's comment on the strings! :-)