Thursday, April 3, 2008

Another Day...

We are all at home again today. Results of the boys' dr. visits are as follows:
Ryan was tested for strep. They have not called to say the test was positive, so I'm holding my breath...he is on antibiotic anyway. Evan has some sort of infection on his skin, which we are now treating with antibiotic cream. Kaitlynn had a bad evening again yesterday. She is better this morning, so I'm trying to push intake as much as possible. She gets rather aggravated at my forcefulness, but doesn't quite understand the need for it. I explain it this way, "Do you want the water in your mouth or through the tube in your hand?" That usually gets her to cooperate for a few minutes!
I needed to run to the church this afternoon to do a counseling session as part of my practicum for class. I had everything loaded into the van, and when I turned the key, a sound resembling a machine gun erupted from under the hood. Greg said the battery needs charged...I'm holding my breath...
Now that I've done MUCH complaining, there are many things for which I can be thankful:
1. We are all alive!
2. None of this happened while mom and dad were in Cayman.
3. Grandma Yount is between jobs and was able to help us for a couple of days.
4. All of the meds have had generic substitues, two of them being $4 WalMart drugs!
There is more, but I need to finish tidying my house while the kids are quiet. HA!

2 comments:

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Well...I'm glad you are finding some positive things to focus on. Hope things are back to "normal" soon. Although this is beginning to seem normal... =(

DEN said...

Hope everyone gets feeling better really soon! You must be really tired! We're still praying for everybody.