A couple of good daddies...
Love this one...
Very, very, very tired...
Happy at halftime...
Friday was the very last day of our Spring Break. Most of you probably had yours last month, but ours is always during IHC so our families can go without missing class. On Thursday night, Allison started getting really fussy again. By later Friday it was apparent that her antibiotic had not taken care of the congestion, etc. She started rubbing her ears, coughing, etc...all those things that make a parent nervous. By the way she is chewing on her tongue and rubbing it on her gums, I think she is trying to work on some teeth. Sunday she started runnng a temp. again, and by that night I could hardly keep it below 100 even after Tylenol. Since we just saw the doc a couple of weeks ago, they called me in another med on Monday. It seems to be doing its job already.
Back to Friday...it was a gorgeous day! The kids had fun playing outside, and we prepared for our Cincinnati trip on Saturday.
Saturday morning, bright and early (for a Saturday), we left our home and headed south. Mrs. Alley, a dear friend of ours, rode with us so that she would be able to spend time with her granddaughter at GBS and attend the Collingsworth concert. After dropping her off on campus we made our way to Cincinnati Mills mall, where we met Mark, Jana, Khara, Kelsey, Kaden, and Karsen. Bass Pro was the 1st stop, and with 8 kids 8 and under, it was quite a treat! Fortunately the mall had a decent little play area, and the kids spent some time together there. We had dinner together at Skyline, then parted ways to prepare for the concert.
On our way to grandma's, mom called to see if we could drop by Bob Evans in Kenwood to meet her cousin who was in town for an awards ceremony. It was my privilege to met David and his wife, who were having dinner with mom, dad, and grandma.
Since many of my fellow bloggers were at the concert, I failed to take pics of Music Hall. I may have to "borrow" one or two from somebody's blog! This was my second or third visit to the Hall, and I was still amazed at the beauty of such an old building (anyone feel the creakiness of the floors?). The concert was neat, with my favorite part being the "Keaton kids" singing together. I could listen to that all day! That is the kind of music we had in our home as kids, and I have always loved the family harmony.
As soon as the concert ended we said hello to a few friends, and hit the road for Lima. Dropping into bed a little after 1 a.m., we were exhausted. Sunday School came bright and early...and we made it ON TIME!!!! (Sorry, but I have some trouble in that area, so I'm quite proud of myself!). All in all it was a great week, and we were able to see tons of friends and family.
***I have to share this one...it blew me away...
We had balcony seats for the concert, which was perfect considering we took all 4 kids. Our seats were right in the center, about 6 rows up. We had a great view. Since the seats were tight and my boys feet don't quite reach the floor, I took the opportunity approx. 15 minutes before the show started to quietly tell the boys to keep their feet down, hold still in their seats, refrain from tapping their toes on the seat in front of them, etc. Before I could finish giving them this information, the lady directly in front of Evan turned around and said, "You had better sit still...OR ELSE!" If you can imagine the nastiest tone of voice you've ever heard, that's how she said it. I thought she was going to laugh and just act like she was listening in on the little pep talk I had been giving them, but no, she was dead serious. Even down to the huff and puff. I just stared at her, not even knowing what to think. She promptly turned the other way, continuing her nasty attitude.
Now, I am the 1st to admit when my kids are bad (I think). Many times they don't sit still, fight, etc., but they weren't doing any of this when the "beast" attacked them! She wasn't a "conservative", so the likelihood of me ever seeing her at any of our functions is probably pretty slim, but her impression will probably never be forgotten by Evan, who was a little more than ticked!
11 comments:
It was great to see you guys this weekend. We had fun!!
That still cracks me up about "The Beast" at the concert. That's a time when you wish drinks were allowed in the hall so you could "accidentally" spill it on the person in front. ;-)
Jana - it was great being with you all, too. I guess I could have caused Allison to "accidentally" spit up in her hair. :) I guess that's the "perfect love" coming out in me!
Enjoyed seeing you this week too. Can't believe the lady(?) was that rude?! Who knows maybe she always wanted children but wasn't able to, so now she takes out her bitterness on others. :-)
That is so funny. That very much sounds like my reaction for someone getting onto my kids. We wanted to go to the concert, but did not make it since Chris felt like it would not be very wise with him having to preach the next morning.
I would love to have gone to that concert, although that lady would surely have shown her claws if she'd spotted my little doodlebugs. Did it make you want to ask her where she had parked her broom...?
Yikes! Why do those people have to exist?!
That would have been my luck if I had taken my little ones to the concert! Seems I always get a cranky person sitting near us! She must have been related to the guy running the concession stands on the first floor! He was down right rude to everyone! Luckily, I knew what I wanted as soon as I stepped up to the counter, the poor old man in front of me said, "What do you have in the way of munchies???" The man said, "it is all behind me, look for yourself!" That poor man had probably never bought from a concession stand in his life and what a horrible experience!!!
It was nice to see you all at the concert!
I LOVE the picture of Kaitlynn...she looked incredibly stressed! Poor thing... The story of that woman was pretty hilarious. Bet it freaked Evan out, even if it was only for a bit before he just got mad at her.
It was time for her myadol and she forgot to take it!!!!!!!!!!! The poor thing. It is a good thing that I was not there or I would have said that they skipped one at the door with the medication.
That is sad that they have to be cruel to kids like that.
OK.....that lady was just down right rude. I hope she wasn't claiming to be a Christian on top of it! Thanks for sharing the story though...interesting
Stephanie...I'm feeling you on the nasty woman thing. You can imagine some of the looks and things we get when we walk into someplace with 10 under 4! And you should have seen the looks (forget the comments) I got when I took our three to Arkansas by myself on the plane. I wish I could have taken pix of others' reactions!! I received quite a few compliments at the ends of our flights from strangers who "had been watching us". It is as though society thinks you've lost your mind if you have more than the average 1.8 children. Wow, there's alot of people missing out on so many blessings.
Personally, kids are great and I wouldn't trade these days for ANYTHING! I feel sorry for Evan...unfortunately, I'm sure he'll have that one in his memory bank for the rest of his life.
Post a Comment