Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Allison Update...


Allison had her 10 month checkup last week. She is doing very well, and growing like a little weed! I didn't get her length (I'll try to do that tomorrow), but she weighs 21 lbs. 8 oz. Her vaccinations are all in one injection (thank goodness!) so it really didn't bother her too much.
For those of you who don't get to spend a whole lot of time with Allison, her personality is described by many as "contented", "pleasant", "friendly", "happy", just to name a few. She loves people and music. So far she knows a few words (mama, dada, baba, byebye, uhoh, and PAPA - he's quite happy about it, too!). She is my only child who didn't crawl at 7 months...she still doesn't, but will sit for an hour at a time with a few toys around her. If she can get her left leg "out of the way", she'll be crawling soon. She stands up to things, and scoots around the room on her bottom. She is an explorer, and will definitely keep us hopping once she starts walking! Allison hasn't cut a tooth yet. I think she's taking after Evan who grew a whole mouthful between 11 and 12 months. Her hair is tending toward mine in color and texture. Hopefully, for her sake, it isn't as long!!!
The other day I was thinking back to my life a year ago this time. I was eight months pregnant, teaching full-time, taking three kids with me to school, and winding down my Master's degree. There were plenty of other responsibilities, but those were foremost. I didn't continue thinking along those lines for too long because it just totally overwhelmed me! Life now is more manageable, you could say. I'm quite thankful that the "pregnant" days are over. There were days that I was stressed to the hilt, and although I tried to hide it (my pet peeve is whiny pregnant women), it sometimes spilled out!
Now we're in a different stage, and loving *almost* every minute of it. :) The kids are growing and learning, and it is a beautiful process!

9 comments:

Constance said...

Okay that was really weird. I was looking at blogs and had already been on yours and found that the little Miss had arrived, and all of a sudden I saw a picture of Alli and thought what in the world is going on and then I saw the posted date and realized you had just posted. Alli is getting so big and so cute. I love her BIG smile!

Blair Bunch said...

She is growing so fast! She has a sweet little smile! It is weird to think of Kaitlynn as not the "baby" anymore! I bet she is changing alot! I'm thankful we got to visit for a moment! Take Care and congrats on the newest addition to the "nichols" family LOL! Not too many of the nichols of us left huh! At least the big brown eyes will be passed on since the name won't. Take care! Maybe we can see you soon! -Love Melissa

Wendy said...

What a doll! I love how she shakes her head "no" now. SO very darling! She likes to look at Ken if she is sitting in front of us. He thinks she's special too!

GT Burley's said...

What a cutie! I just want to kiss her cheeks. Hope you all have a great day! Love to you all!

GT Burley's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GT Burley's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GT Burley's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Allison is so adorable. I wish I lived closer, so I could be around the kids more. I'm so happy that she is healthy and growing so well. She is so happy and smiling all the time!

Sarah said...

Stephanie...She is a little doll...just like a little cabbage patch!Ha They are all such sweet children and full of life. Jerry an I enjoyed getting to spend time with you all on Sunday...it was just really great to see you again! You are all so blessed to have each other! If your ears were burning Sunday evening...Jerry and I were talking about how you guys are just always so nice to us. When you get kindof old like we are...that just means so much!HAHA We love you and are looking forward to Thanksgiving if not before then! Love,Aunt Sarah