Thursday, September 25, 2008

With Thansgiving....


We welcome Aubrey Nicole Profitt to our family! To see a few pics and read a commentary by Adam, head on over to Valerie and Adam's blog.
From an aunt's perspective :), I am very excited! Now I just get to wait, and wait, and wait for the day when I can hold her in my arms! She's quite an armful now (8lbs./4.5oz), so hopefully she can still cuddle comfortably in a few months!
Things were a lot different on this end than I had assumed they would be. For those who don't know, Adam and Valerie have an internet phone (I think that is what it is) and we can call them without it being long-distance, let alone international calling. That is cool. They also have high-speed internet with a web cam at the apartment. Also cool. I can also send and receive texts to my phone from their email, chat on Messenger, etc. What I didn't understand is that the hospital seems to me a whole lot less hi-tech than the rest of the island! I haven't been able to talk to Valerie yet. I guess I'll have to wait until she is home, which I assume will be tomorrow.
After quite an unpredictable course of events in my own child-birthing experiences, I usually tell new moms not to have expectations for labor/deliver, because it seems things don't usually go as predicted anyway! Valerie had quite an experienced doctor, who was world-renowned and was a surgeon before being an ob, but he made a few predictions that were, let's say, not even close! Honestly, I'm surprised doctors even venture to make statements about how things will be...it's usually anyone's guess.
I'm so thankful God protected Valerie and Aubrey. It puts a new perspective on family visiting down there! I sure hope none of them ever have to experience a hospital visit for any length of time!
Well...I should quit rambling, but not before I tell you the dumb thing I did this a.m. I usually stop at Speedway on the way to school to grab some caffeine (I know, bad girl). I filled my cup, and headed back out the door to the van. Halfway to the van, I realized I still had a handful of quarters! I hadn't paid for the coffee! Embarrassed half to death, I headed back in, where the two employees gave their explanation on what they thought I was doing...one thought I was going to the van to get my money, the other thought I had given the cashier a Speedy Rewards coupon for a free coffee. I laughed and told them that my sister had just had a baby and I was thinking about her, and not paying attention. I also said, "Thank goodness this is Cridersville! If I had been in Lima they probably would have called the cops before I could make it back inside!" Hope this isn't an indicator for the rest of my day...I'm taking 4 kids to Penney's for pictures this evening...and I'm going alone!!!

7 comments:

Constance said...

What a cute name. She looks like a doll. That is quite funny about speedway. Have you ever tried Burger Kings mocha BK joes? If you haven't try it. I am hooked. They are wonderful. They are a $1.99.

Andrea said...

Funny story!! Aubrey is a doll and I can't wait to meet her!!

Blair Bunch said...

You haven't worked hard all your life as a christian only to ruin it with stealing coffee!!!!!! P.S. My mom loves the smiling pic of Allison below. She can't post.... -Melissa

Verla said...

We all have those days. Sometimes tooooo many in a row.

Love your blog and pictures. Neat playground equipment

Have a good weekend

Sarah said...

You little thief! I always knew!hahahahahahaha...Im just kidding! Im sure you were embarrased...if thats the worst mistake you ever make your ahead big time!Ha However...if you ever do it again and they call the cops...you call Aunt Sarah...I will bail you out...how's that?Ha That little baby is really really cute! Im glad they are all doing well! Also the playset looks really nice and the children will get lots of use out of it! Its late...I love you very much...take care! Aunt,Sarah

Jana said...

Congrats on your new niece! What a cutie. I should gain 2 new nephews in the next couple of months--fun times!! :-)

Hope the kids pics. went well. I'm going to attempt that one in October.

GT Burley's said...

What a hoot! Aubrey is adorable. She makes me miss my girls at the stage in life! Oh, to kiss their little cheeks again! My girlies are gone tonight. Amanda will be home after awhile. She is out with Kris. The house is quiet! Well, its not really such a bad thing! Love to you all, and again congrats!