Ryan enjoys the comfy bed at IHC...
Allison occupies herself by sitting on the diaper bag, and "chatting" on my cell...
Thank God for the McD's playland in Tipp City!
It was so good to be home from Dayton, but we were only there long enough to get some sleep, empty the suitcase, and pack for another trip! We left for MI early on Friday. It was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine, which made travelling much more bearable. After dropping the boys off in Cedar Springs (they much preferred spending the night with Grandma and Grandpa Burley and being able to visit with Uncle Gene, Aunt Tina, and cousins, to "enduring" a rehearsal and a wedding!), we arrived in Fremont, MI for the wedding of Beth Stitt to Nathan Shaffer. Beth's paternal great-grandfather and Greg's paternal grandmother were brother and sister, and Beth has spent the last year living in Lima with her sister and brother-in-law (Doug and Meghan (Stitt) Beck. During her time in Lima, Beth and Kaitlynn became close. Kaitlynn loved going to Beth's for tea parties and dress up. When Beth asked Kaitlynn to be her flower girl, I was a little nervous. Kaitlynn isn't really a half-hearted, laid back individual. If she wants to do something, she is into it 150%. If not, well, you know what happens...and it ain't pretty! During the months prior to the wedding, her attitude toward it usually depended on her mood (pretty typical, huh?), and I just hoped and prayed that her "mood" would be right on April 17th and 18th! Fortunately it was, and she loved every minute of it. I posted a ton of pics, but there are a lot of people from church who were not able to make it, and I'm sure they will enjoy them.
A happy bride-to-be...
Rehearsal...the "Stitt" genes run pretty strong in Matt (Beth's older brother on the left), who isn't much shorter than Greg!
Allison thought it was hilarious to walk down the aisle with Kaitlynn and Tyler...
Allison didn't think it so pleasant to be on her first ride...
Pretty girl...
Mom made Kaitlynn's dress, as well as Sarah's and Meghan's...
This was her favorite part. She said, "Mommy, can we hold hands?"
I have no idea what we were laughing about...mom had the camera...
1 comment:
Stephanie, I caught a brief glimpse of you at IHC, but only when I was trapped HIGH in the bleachers! Had hoped to get to say hello in person. Maybe we'll run into one another this summer during Pilgrim Camp.
Post a Comment