Monday, April 20, 2009

IHC...The Great Family Reunion!

Last week was a pretty busy one for many of us in the CHM, wasn't it?! Our week began with having to get the fuel injector replaced in the van. Those surprise expenses always seem to come at the most inconvenient times! :)
Tuesday evening we were privileged to arrive at IHC. It is usually with mixed emotions that I approach the convention. Back in the day, things were really easy...Greg and I would throw a few pieces of clothing in a suitcase, and head off for a couple of days of visiting with friends and family...no worries, no cares. Boy, have things changed! The last several years have much more difficult, caring for 3 or 4 small children who have to have constant attention.
I was really excited about IHC this year, and I was not disappointed. Although I don't "go for the preaching" necessarily, I was encouraged and challenged by the messages and sessions that I was able to attend. Believe it or not, this was my first year to attend WOW at Dayton! Staying on-site made a huge difference in our ability to relax and enjoy our time. We were able to visit with many old friends and teachers at both the GBS and HSBC alumni receptions. Overall, I think that IHC 2009 was one of the best in a very long time. I don't have any pics to prove it, but I'll carry the memories!
p.s. If you're looking for something good to eat in Dayton, you have to try Cousin Vinnie's pizza. It is the best ever, and the prices are more than reasonable...they also deliver to the Crown Plaza.

1 comment:

Jana said...

We were very impressed w/Cousin Vinnie's pizza as well. Def. a pizza place to remember for future reference!!