As we were walking through the mall, headed toward Macy's, Kaitlynn spotted the Easter bunny. He didn't have any visitors at the time, but I didn't stop because she is usually shy about things like that. She had already visited one Easter bunny at the egg hunt, and we had our yearly picture. As we passed the area where the bunny was seated, Kaitlynn said, "Mommy, will you back up and wait for me?" I wondered what in the world she was going to do. I backed up to the edge of the fenced area, and she proceeded toward the snoozing bunny. She sat down beside him, and with an enormous smile, gazed at his face for a few seconds. He didn't seem to be responding to her, or even looking her way, so she took his hand in hers, and began to rub it...still looking at his face with a beaming smile. I could tell that she had awakened him, and he took her other hand, and they just sat there, gazing at each other, rubbing each other's hands. I didn't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed, so I just waited. A small crowd of onlookers gathered around, amazed at this "adorable" little girl who who was so enamored with the Easter bunny! Finally, the lady who was managing the picture sales area asked if I would like to take a photo on my phone. I laughed and said that I always carry my camera...here is the pic...
Coloring eggs...
Two little princesses!
My Easter post wasn't all inclusive...Easter weekend consisted of having a couple of the kids' friends over on Good Friday for about 4 hours, our annual church business mtg. on Saturday night, and HSBC choir on Sunday night. We kept a couple of choir girls overnight, so between cleaning and entertaining, we had a busy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment