Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Dreaded Day...

It's 1:18 a.m. on April 15th. I'm sitting in our hotel in Dayton. Everyone is fast asleep but me. With bleary eyes, I'm doing what every law-abiding American citizen (which happens to exclude most of President Obama's associates) does this time of year...filing taxes. Like many of you, we file our federal and state returns early so that we can begin enjoying the benefits of overpayment (typically called a "refund"). But there's more...the school district has to get their extra piece of the pie, and the village also needs a percent. Those are the ones I dread. We live in the village but work outside, so it is a little more complicated. This is my 4th year to file in our village, and I've done it wrong each of the 3 previous years. Why break the routine? :)

I have to say I'm a little pumped about the TEA Parties being held around the nation later today. I probably won't be attending one, but I'm really glad that people are finally getting frustrated enough to let their voices be heard! In the meantime, I'll just continue to be annoyed that I have to fill out these ridiculous forms, and send yet another check to help fund some underachieving government program. Happy Tax Day! :)

No comments: