Thursday, February 1, 2007

Finding Time...

*I'm a little overdue on this post :), but I'm still trying to figure out how to do this blog thing in a timely manner. It's kind of like shopping..."Yes, honey, I know exactly what I'm going after and it'll only take me a minute..." A couple of hours later you're explaining how one thing led to another...one store to another...anyway, blogging is the same. One site to the next to the next to the next.

*Greg and I offered to stay with my grandmother, who is now home from the hospital, while my parents spend a few days with Eric, Meg, and Olivia in Tennessee. Mom and Dad only live about 8 minutes from us and have a huge house, so it's not a big deal. Well, not a real big deal anyway, but if you think raising 3 kids is busy, add a dependent grandmother to the mix! Needless to say, there hasn't been a moment to sit. Mom and Dad will be back home on Saturday, and I'm so happy they were able to take the needed break. By the way, I would like to suggest that Kevin Leman write a sequel to his book. It would be titled Making Your Grandmother Mind Without Losing Yours. It would be a bestseller this week! I did have a special blessing, though. One of my assignments was to observe at a social service agency this week. Lucky me...the social service and home health agencies have been in for grandma's initial assessments, and I was able to complete the assignment without leaving the living room!

*We had our 1st snow day of the season Tuesday. Ryan was so excited! Evan and I are off Tuesdays anyway, but it was fun for the boys to have the day together. They prayed hard about Wednesday, but God had other plans...

*Evan had a really fun birthday last week. Grandpa and Grandma Burley came down and we all joined Adam, Valerie, and Mama and Papa Nichols for the traditional Skyline Chili birthday dinner. That is my kids all-time favorite, especially on kid's night. The crafts and the free food are the best! Pics to follow shortly...

Until next time...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I like the new look!

Maybe you can write the book on making grandparents mind! :) Isn't interesting how the circle of life comes back around?

Ahhh. Skyline. Fortunately, we've found a very good Skyline about 45 minutes from here and they have free kids' meals on Friday nights, so I haven't had to go through too much withdrawal! It's my kids very favorite place to eat, too!

Martha C said...

Stephanie, the book comment was just too funny! :-)