This conversation occurred in my Grandma Yount's car on Friday evening. Greg and I were in the front seat and Ryan was in the back with grandma. We had just left Olive Garden, and were headed past a string of restaurants. Enjoy...
Ryan: That's funny...Hooters? What's Hooters? (very curious and innocent)
Me: It's just a restaurant, Ryan. (In a very 'end of the conversation' tone of voice)
Ryan: I bet they have hoots or something...(grandmother in the back seat now about to crack up laughing)
If this child had persisted, what in the world would I have said?!
4 comments:
Don't you hate (almost)having to explain things on the way home from a restaurant or a routine trip through the mall? I get kind of annoyed (more than kind of)with all the kid-inappropriate names, clothes,advertisements etc. in all the "family-friendly" locations. What are they thinking? There are some parents who still foster kids' innocence, you know? Ok I will get off my soap box and go finish supper :)
Connor seems to think it's some sort of zoo for endangered owls. I haven't bothered to correct him!
Ouch! The fun of being a parent! :-)
(snickers) My boys have wanted to go in because of the owls, too! Robert told them it was not a family restaurant! :)
Post a Comment