Thursday, March 1, 2007

Funny conversations...

I'm supposed to be studying...but one can't help doing some quick clicking through friends blogs when one is hopelessly tied to the internet! I click on to my class page, then my mind wanders and I click over to Carrie's blog, then Angie's blog, then Jana's blog, then Brenda's blog, then Betty's blog, then Connie's blog, and by that time Carrie has posted again...oh, well, you get the point!
Anyway, there were a couple of conversations that took place this week. I wanted to share them before I forget.

Scenario: Ryan, Evan, Kaitlynn, and myself travelling to school via Speedway on Monday morning.

Me: "Hey, boys, the guy that pitched for daddy's softball team is the manager at Speedway now."
Ryan: "When did Daddy play softball?"
Me: "When I was pregnant for you, Ryan. That was in the summer, and I had you later that year."
Evan (who is 14 months younger than Ryan): "So I was still 'in there'".
Me (very gingerly and cautiously): "No, Evan, God hadn't put you in my tummy yet."
Evan (pensive and thoughtful): "Oh."

Wow! Those scary moments of "birds and bees" conversations are getting too close for my comfort!

Scenario: Sitting on the couch putting Kaitlynn's socks on her before church. Kaitlynn is on my lap, facing away from me. Keep in mind, she is only 2 for another 2 weeks.

Kaitlynn (very expressive and sincere): "Hi, socks, I'm Kaitlynn, and this is my mom." (Looks at Evan who is entering his room down the hall) "That is Evan. He spends lots of time in his room every night." Conversation ceases, things return to "normal".

I'm so thankful I was able to meet "socks" yesterday. I am sure she (or he - I forgot to inquire as to the sex of socks) will have a great influence on my life and the life of my daughter...

And then, a great quote from Greg, "Yeeeaahh! It's March! We can go grocery shopping again!

Yes, honey, I'll try to re-stock those cabinets ASAP. I still like the once-a-month-shopping plan, even though I had to make an emergency run for tp last night.

3 comments:

Martha C said...

I love it when moms post conversations! These are so cute. :-)

Jana said...

"Out of the mouths of babes...":)

Carrie said...

That's hilarious! Unfortunately for me, I've already had to have the "birds and bees" talk with Brennan, who is just waaaay too perceptive. Sigh...lucky you.

Kaitlynn sounds a tad like I used to be (and maybe still am a little) by personifying everything! Shoot, I still name my plants!

You can tell Greg I liked his quote best of all! I'm still laughing! Sometimes those guys can't fully appreciate everything we do to save them a buck!