Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Girl's Day (and night) Out!

Chenoa, Stephenie, Angie, and I
A cheerful Momma of four boys, Angie

Designated driver, Stephenie

Chenoa looks a little odd without any kids hanging on her skirt!

Angie, acting as though she isn't used to being photographed in Dress Barn

I can't believe it has taken me this long to post about my trip to Cincinnati with my girlfriends! Since then I have taken care of my grandmother for a week, so I have been busy, as you can imagine.
March 8th, Stephenie Brugger picked me up here in Lima, and we headed for Cincy to meet Angie Edwards and Chenoa Miller. We checked in the hotel about 4:30, and unloaded all our junk. I looked like I was prepared to stay a week. I guess I'm just used to packing 14 bags around with me wherever I go...all a part of having kids, you know! Anyway, we were able to meet Deanna Kennedy at Olive Garden for dinner. A couple of other old friends were going to try to come, as well, but kids and other commitments prevented them from being with us. After an "interesting" time at Olive Garden with our dear, sweet waitress, Kathy, we headed out for more food...namely ice cream or coffee. Steph and I ended up w/Starbucks, and the Angie and Chenoa opted for a Jamocha shake from Arby's. Then we headed back to the hotel for girl talk and laughs. Three of us stayed up to witness the arrival of the next day, but poor, exhausted Angie was asleep before 9:30! The next morning we enjoyed breakfast at the largest Bob Evans I have ever seen (they said there are only 5 in the U.S.). If you have a party of 56, this is definitely the one to visit. After an awsome breakfast and many hot chocolate refills, we headed out to shop. It just so happened that this was the first 74 degree day we had experienced so far, and you know how awesome those initial rays of sunshine feel! We opted for the outdoor mall in Cresent Hills, KY. What a day, and what a mall! Steph had to leave around 2:00 to pick up paychecks for her hubby, and the rest of us broke up around 4:30. Chenoa and Angie dropped me off at my Grandma Yount's house, where mom, dad, Greg, and the kids joined me for the rest of the weekend. We ended up at Olive Garden again on Friday night with my aunt and uncle, Sarah and Jerry Casey. Saturday, we were visited by newlyweds, Sarah Ann and Aaron, as well as Craig and Parker. That evening we headed back home by way of Dillard's (groans from Dad and Greg), and made it in about 10 that night. Knowing that one must ultimately pay for any good times one has, I proceeded to pull an all-nighter Saturday night writing a paper, and I'm sure looked bright and chipper on the piano bench Sunday morning. After a long day (without a nap) I was definitely ready to crawl in bed Sunday night!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm glad you finally posted pictures and details. Sounds like such a fun time. There's nothing better than an old friend!

The Dickinsons said...

Dear Steff,
Great blog, enjoyed reading about your ladies day and night out. How fun!!! We are doing good in Colombia and pray for y'all daily. Wish I could be one of the ones to see you at IHC, but not this year.
Love your "cousin", Heather Dickinson

Martha C said...

Sounds like a blast!

Carrie said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Made me a little wistful, yet hopeful that maybe I can finagle an outing with some college friends!