Typical scene around our house lately...As if we haven't had enough sickness around here in the last 3 or 4 months, my children all contracted the virus that is making its rounds. It is known for pounding headache, high fever, chills, and cough. My kids had a few extra symptoms, but they mostly followed the pattern. Evan started with it Saturday, and was pretty well finished by Monday. Ryan and Kaitlynn started Sunday, and are still down. Feeling that things were a little worse with Kaitlynn, I got her into the doc this morning. She has double ear infection (which was my guess), and according to the pharmacist at WalMart, took the last bottle of Omnicef off the shelf. I'm hoping they have something to give the other 150 kids that come in with this today! Kaitlynn, as usual, screamed every time the doc or nurse came near her. She has this phobia (maybe from me?) and it is just terribly annoying. Anyway, when we were ready to leave, I threw my purse over my shoulder and picked her up. She smiled the sweetest smile and said, "That was fun!" I could have smacked her at that moment! Although I feel terrible for my kids when they are sick, this illness has made things awfully quiet around the house! When they have the flu it is quiet, but I'm so busy cleaning up the "unmentionables" that I can't even enjoy the quietness! Tonight I guess I'll clean the house and then settle in for a couple of hours of intense study. Happy blogging!
3 comments:
Oh Stephanie--again?? Thankfully we have not had much sickness at all this year. Khara and Kelsey each even have perfect attendance at school!! Maybe your family needs to try a little more "county living"!! :-)
Ugh! I'd love for the flu fairy to skip our house this Spring!!
Sorry to read this!
Post a Comment