Tuesday, April 15, 2008

IHC?

Bloggers are curious as to who is making the pilgrimage to IHC, so here's my report...

I have come to these conclusions concerning taking children to the convention:

One child at IHC = adorable and fun
Two children at IHC = cute and manageable
Three children at IHC = "I'll never, ever, ever do this again!"
Four children at IHC = Probably about like having three children at IHC only with the addition of breastfeeding and poopy diapers...hmmm

Where's my sense of adventure, you ask?
Right up there with my sense of self-preservation!

Anyway, in all seriousness, IHC has always played an pretty important part in my life. Some years I've just gone for the fellowship...admit it, you have too...but fellowship is an important part of passing the heritage of holiness to our kids. I think this will be my 32nd IHC - I was still receiving "womb service" at the 1976 convention! As kids it was a highlight of our year, and now my children wouldn't miss it for anything.

Our plans will be a little different this time. With a growing family, things become slightly more difficult:
Motel room = 2 beds/6 people. You do the math. Instead we will be there on Wednesday evening, make the 50 min. drive home, and will do the same Thursday morning. This will save mounds of packing, a sleepless night, and grumpy, noisy kids at a hotel! We are blessed to have easy access to Dayton (we are less than 2 miles from I-75), so this should be a fairly painless option, providing safe travels.

Here's to three days of Arby's and Spagetti Warehouse! (If you get ambitious, bring your gym shoes and hike on over to Uno Chicago or Quizno's. I guarantee you'll walk off your lunch before you get back to the convention center!)
Oh, and if you see one of my boys bungee jumping off the bleachers, tell him to quit acting like his dad. :)

4 comments:

tacomom said...

Loved that last line! Too funny! Have a great time! I am with you on your list...three kids=no fun. Too bad we are farther than 50 miles. I like your plan. Hope all goes well and you have a great time!

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Haha Steph! Ur great. Wish I could be there - um - to see old friends and of course, family...but maybe they will be at Pilgrim Camp too. Happy traveling, seeing old friends, feet rubbing and standing! Love ya, girl!

Angie D said...

It was so good to see you! Loved the chance to hold the munchkin--borrowing one is probably the only way I'll ever get a girl... :)

Melanie C. said...

haha - I had the privilege of dragging 3 kids this year! Umm, let's just say that I am glad I went, but boy am I glad to be home! I have slept a TON this weekend!