Many of my blogfriends have been concerned about the recent ruling in California regarding home education. American Family Association has sent numerous emails, Focus on the Family has posted concerns...I have not heard much about the story in the last couple of weeks, therefore I am rather ignorant of its current implications. It saddened me to hear of yet another "attack" on our freedoms, religious or otherwise, in raising our children according to what we feel are God's mandates. I realize that many people, who are not necessarily Christian, homeschool their children. The State of Ohio has a internet homeschool program (they provide everything just like in public school, free of charge) which I'm sure many non-Christians use. The major difference between this program and other non-goverment programs is content rather than method. The government programs still use government-approved curriculum written and controlled by humanistic philosophers. They obviously wouldn't be affected by such a ruling since their "teachers" (who hail from some very remote location) are all state certified, I'm sure.
This "ruling" (like I said, I'm not sure where things stand now), could also have detrimental effects for Christian schools down the road. Requiring teachers to be state-certified in each subject they teach is a little over the top if you ask me, but who am I...
I am curious to see how you feel about this subject...
****I just found some current info. at californiahomeschool.net
9 comments:
Another way to control the family. Do I think that everyone is cut out to be a teacher of their own children? No But I am in favor of home or christian schooling since I worked in the public school for 10 years.
It is really scary that it boils down to controlling the family and placing restrictions which will primarily affect Christians or values-based citizens. I remember when people spent time in jail because of Christian education, and I figured those days were forever gone.
Heaven forbid we erradicate (sp?) something bad like school violence instead of shutting down one of the few situations that actually create productive moral adults!
It's all about control! Funny how this country used to run well when scores of people were homeschooled. People such as Abraham Lincoln were produced.
Crazy when "freedoms" apply to everyone except Christians. Jesus said we will be persecuted for His name's sake. That day (and possibly many more to come) is upon us.
Even more of a reason to write His Word upon our and our children's hearts...the day may be here sooner than we know it when we can no longer have the Word in our hands! Can you imagine?? I can. Yikes!
I am a mother of 3 boys, and I currently homeschool in PA. This issue has been peeking around the corner for years now. I urge the government and officials in CA to look at all the research and stats on homeschooling success versus public school failure. Wallbuilders.com is another wonderful site regarding the Biblical and Christian foundations of our country, founding fathers, and educational structure.:)
Stephanie...You are a wonderful mother and wife. Jerry and I are so proud of you and your little family. Those children all are just adorable and precious! Little Allison is too cute in those sunglasses! Im not sure if she can top being as prissy as Kaitlynn thought...she takes the cake!Ha You are very blessed! I haven't been leaving postings because somehow Google couldn't find me or I couldn't find them! Anyway...I think we found each other today! Love you guys! Aunt Sarh
Stephanie...You are a wonderful mother and wife. Jerry and I are so proud of you and your little family. Those children all are just adorable and precious! Little Allison is too cute in those sunglasses! Im not sure if she can top being as prissy as Kaitlynn though...she takes the cake!Ha You are very blessed! I haven't been leaving postings because somehow Google couldn't find me or I couldn't find them! Anyway...I think we found each other today! Love you guys! Aunt Sarh
Oh Stephanie...Im sorry I posted twice. I failed to preview and thats not good!Ha I type too fast!Anyway...I put the word thought instead of though and I spelled my name wrong...So sorry...Im a perfectionist on my spelling and hate it when I make a typo...need to preview first...Love you...Sarah
Post a Comment