Kaitlynn's Cookie
Today we celebrate the birth of my beautiful angel, Kaitlynn (okay, I know she's not an angel, but it sure seems like it sometimes!). Since her paternal grandparents are still in Florida, and her maternal grandparents, aunt and uncle are at A.C.E. student convention, we had a small celebration today, and will have the "big one" Saturday. She was fortunate enough to be the winner of the "Cookies by Design" cookie this month on our local radio station. It was delicious, and very cute, as you can see from the pictures. So far she has received an adorable shirt and skirt set, pink bathrobe, Dora pj's, very chic little pink flip-flops (Ryan), ivory dress shoes, and a cute little stuffed butterfly (Evan). Lots of church friends showered her with cards, candy, candy, candy...you get the picture! I wish I had some pics to post of her as an infant, but I haven't been home this week (babysitting granny again). Maybe I can get a few of those up with her party pics. Of course, the day has made me sentimental. Kaitlynn has been different by virtue of being a girl, and I think that gives us a special bond (at least until the teenage years!). I love all of my kids equally, but it has been fun having a girl.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday, Kaitlynn!! It sure has been a fast 3 years!!
She's a cutie! Makes me wish I had a girl. Not enough to actually have another one, but close! :)
Doesn't time fly? Every time one of my kids has a birthday it's hard to believe they are growing so fast.
Oh, a cookie! I am very fond of those! :-)
Wow! It's hard to believe it's been that long. I remember talking to you at Homecoming when you were pregnant with her and it seems like that was just last year!
That cookie looks really good.
Can you tell your blog readers are a little cookie-fixated? :)
That's so neat you won a cookie....how yummy. Saved hard work on your part.
Post a Comment