Thursday, March 8, 2007

I'm Back, Finally!

Greg's going-away present for me (Yeah!!!)
For those of you who check this blog daily (I'm assuming, no, hoping someone does!), I apologize for the lack of activity. There has been no lack of activity at my house, I can assure you of that! Since last blog, I received my grade for the class that ended on Feb. 25. I was so thrilled! After writing my final research paper (28% of my grade) with 2-3 children and a grandmother needing my attention, I was sure it was going to be a miracle if I received a good grade. My topic was complicated, Stem Cell Research: The Moral and Ethical Dilemma, and had to be referenced by professional journals. If you don't know what that means, my references could not come just from books at the local library. 70% of them had to come from journals that had been written by professionals for professionals. Mostly these are found online, unless you want to go to a college library and dig through file after file. I choose the internet. Anyway, scholarly journals with stem cell research articles tend to use very complicated, scientific terms. I felt that I was in over my head, but had chosen this topic (as opposed to divorce, drug use, teen pregnancy, etc.) because I wanted to become more aware of the issues. Well, God helped me tremendously, as He always does when we ask, and I recieved a 98.5% on the paper. My class grade was higher than that. I told Greg that it was his grade, too, especially since he did an A+ job of running the household during my stressful hours! So if you're contemplating going back to school, make sure it is what God wants for you, then gather your courage and do it! It is hard, hard work, especially with kids, but it can be done. It is so rewarding! Now I am in week 2 of a "frontloaded" communications class that is awesome, but intense. If I can survive the next two weeks, I will be thrilled.

Today I am very excited because in about five hours, Stephenie Brugger is going to pick me up and we are heading for Cincinnati to spend the rest of today and part of tomorrow with Chenoa Miller and Angie Edwards. We are staying at the King's Island Resort and Conference Center tonight (probably sounds way more awesome than what it really is), and intend to laugh, cry, and party for the next 24 hours. I say laugh and cry because, you know, that's what women do when we get together. :) Anyway, one great benefit of Bible College has been the lifelong friendships I have made. We are each other's support system in the good and the bad. Leaving a combined 13 children at home, we are going to relax for awhile! Hopefully I'll have pictures to post on Saturday evening.
Until then...

4 comments:

Angie D said...

Hope you had fun. I wish I'd kept in touch with more of the girls from college. We're just reconnecting now via the blogs.

Carrie said...

Yeah for you! That's an awesome grade!!

You deserve a much-needed break. Hope you have a good time (I'm sure you will!)

Nancy said...

Give yourself a huge pat on the back for the good grades! I don't see how you manage to get it all done! I've done the school and mothering thing at the same time, but didn't have to work on top of it all. You must have boundless energy! You deserve a good day of fun....enjoy!!! I'll honk as I drive by that hotel tomorrow...I'm on my way to a huge kids consignment sale very near there.

Betty said...

So glad you got a good grade on your paper and the class. Enjoyed those conversations of your children. The socks is especially cute.